|Employer||Wisconsin Public Media|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 11, 2019|
The duties of this position can have a physical nature and often require lifting of heavy equipment, the ability to climb ladders to focus and hang lighting equipment, and good visual acuity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate production equipment including but not limited to: teleprompter, television cameras and video switchers.
• Work as a member of set-up and strike crews for studio and remote productions including set install, lighting hang and light focus.
• Work as Floor Manager for studio and location productions.
• Operate video recording equipment and perform other functions in the role of Replay Operator for remote productions needing replay.
• Assist in the construction of sets in the Scenic Design shop.
• Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision¬ making.
• Perform other duties related to general station business, and as productions dictate, as assigned by Studio and Remote Production Manager.
• Be available to work on a flexible schedule. Evening, early morning (before 7:00 AM), occasional weekend and Holiday work will be an expected part of the responsibilities of this position.
• Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule usually between 5-15 hours per week. (For training purposes, we need applicants to be available for at least two blocks of time Mon-Thu between 8am and 5pm. and we also need to know when they would be available between the hours of 7am and 11pm in general.)
• Must make a minimum 18-month commitment.
• Be a full-time Wisconsin student or out-of-state student enrolled in a college/university, or vocational/technical program in the state of Wisconsin.
• Experience with television equipment preferred but WPT will provide full training in television production work with an emphasis on camera operation, teleprompter operation, floor management, staging and lighting set up, assistant directing and general production assistant duties.
• Other relevant experiences: Advanced television coursework, technical theater experience, stage lighting and photography. Comfort with computers and technology and hands-on skills such as carpentry are also a plus.
• Comfort with computers and technology and hands-on skills such as carpentry are a plus.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Click here for the full job-description and to apply online.