|Employer||WWMV-LP Radio, 95.5 FM|
|Apply by||October 13, 2018|
|Posted on||September 13, 2018|
The Studio Engineer Internship is an opportunity to work with community members to record and produce audio content for WWMV-LP, 95.5FM, Madison’s newest community radio station. Interns will work directly with radio announcers and content creators and help them turn their ideas, passions, fears, and imaginations into radio shows. College students interested in audio engineering will have a chance to sharpen their skills, build their resume and gain valuable experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record, edit and assist in the production of radio shows with radio announcers
• Co-facilitate workshops and training around recording and engineering
• Record announcements and jingles for the station
• Update and maintain programming in the automation system/recording software
• Meet with Radio Station Manager regularly
• 10 hours a week per semester, 5 hours a week for summer
• 80% of hours done on site, hours can vary
• Year-long preferred, summer or semester-long welcomed
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a group
• Experience recording and editing others
• Radio or broadcast experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Audacity and other recording software
• Patience and flexibility
School Credit (academic year):
• UW- Madison: Earn up to 3 Independent Study or Directed Study credits through the Journalism and Communications Departments
• Edgewood: Earn 3 or 4 Independent Study credits hours through the Communications Department.
For more information about the application process, contact Corey Whitmore, Radio Station Manager, 608-833-4979 ext 204; or firstname.lastname@example.org.