|Location||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 29, 2019|
Who we are:
We are Operations Communications, a small global team that operates like a creative agency within the larger organization. Our mission is to deliver world-class communication support and tactics that are essential to Global Operations achieving its highest goals for performance and culture.
As a global service provider, we work for many different customers, which makes every project we work on, different than the last. We are lifelong learners, believe strongly in teamwork and love to see others succeed. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we work hard to deliver world-class value for every customer. While you’re with us we will empower you to make decisions and apply your analytical skills. And you’ll appreciate the creative freedom to engage in projects without the fear of failure.
Who you are:
Are you a unicorn? Because we’re looking for one. We need a storyteller, highly creative and skilled in multiple visual mediums. The ideal unicorn will have excellent videography, still photography and editorial skills, as well as creative graphic design skills for use in video, digital and print formats. This individual will be able to manage multiple projects while also possessing stellar organizational skills, a high aptitude for critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and apply an extremely high level of quality to all work output. And if that’s not enough, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, driven, personable, professional and customer-service focused. So, are you our unicorn? If so, read on…
What you will be doing:
• Manage (produce), shoot and edit, video projects
• Create static and animated graphics to be used in videos, infographics, PowerPoints, and other visual communication tools
• Manage (produce), shoot and edit, still photography projects
• Gather information from stakeholders on a variety of visual communication projects, then organize and consolidate all information into well-written project summaries and/or story synopses
• Evaluate a project’s needs and recommend a strategy, develop a schedule and the best approach to meet the customer’s goals
• Develop script outlines from pre-interview research, write questions and interview story subjects
• Responsibly resource people, equipment and technology as needed for projects, when budgets allow
• Effectively manage project schedules, meetings, budgets and project parameters with little oversight
• Majors: Film & Video, Graphic Design, Communications
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign and Premier (experience with other creative design and editing programs (e.g., Final Cut Pro) is a plus)
• In-depth experience with a wide variety of video and still photography equipment, processes and technology
• Experience in managing (producing) video and still photography projects
• Experience in other aspects of video production (e.g., scriptwriting, directing, interviewing, voice-over directing, video and music editing)
• Ability to work independently and develop a story ‘on the fly,’ while interviewing, filming b-roll, etc.
• Broad understanding of the latest visual communication techniques and trends. (A student of the art)
• Sophomore or Junior preferred
• Must provide a portfolio (link or attachment)
• A ‘rock star’—someone who uses creativity in all tasks and seeks to exceed expectations in all assignments
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!
Your future team:
The employees of Global Operations plan, source, make and deliver Steelcase products. The role of Global Operations Communications is to tell the Operations story internally, across all departments and sometimes externally, to our dealers and customers. Through multiple mediums and a variety of creative approaches, we share stories about the people and the processes required to manage a deeply complex global manufacturing and shipping network. If you’re up for the creative challenge, you may have just found your next home.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.