|Location||Wood Dale, IL|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 27, 2019|
AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. With headquarters in Wood Dale, IL (near O’Hare airport), and the Company employs more than 6,000 people in 20 countries. Operating in the aviation aftermarket for more than 60 years, AAR conducts heavy maintenance on aircraft and components; buys and sells airframe and engine parts; and operates a fleet of aircraft for the US government.
AAR is hiring a summer intern to assist with marketing, as well as external and internal communications. We have a relatively small team so our interns get substantive experience in multiple areas to help build their resume/portfolio.
Intern would also participate in company-wide summer internship meetings. Internship provides exposure to fast-growing and global aviation industry. Interns will be considered for full-time employment with AAR after graduation.
The internship will commence in early June 2020 and end in early August 2020. The schedule will be 40 hrs. per week, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Social Media – Research competitors on social media and develop ideas/campaigns for future postings on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
• Employee Communications – write and post articles on employee intranet (myConnection)
• Photography/Video: Help to film & edit videos; take photos
• Public relations: Draft press releases, monitor media coverage
• Website: Support website re-design process
• Assist with graphic design
• Help with events
• Assist with all tasks as needed
• Commitment: to company values and ethics
• Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
• Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
• Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
• Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
• Continuous learning: ability to learn new procedures and adapt to change
• GPA of 3.0 or better
• Intermediate and/or advanced user proficiency in MS Excel.
Strong Writing Skills:
• Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with Adobe – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – preferred
• Experience with social media
• Rising senior or recent grad – preferred
• Experience with video, I-Movie – preferred
Education and/or Experience:
• Working towards a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; must be at least going into their senior year.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
• The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
• Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!