|Employer||Star Tribune Media Company|
|Apply by||November 1, 2019|
|Posted on||October 10, 2019|
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information, delivering more of what matters to Minnesota all day, every day. The Star Tribune newsroom offers one of the top summer internship programs in our industry. We select candidates for paid 10-week internships each summer. The program targets college and graduate students interested in pursuing careers as reporters, copy editors/multiplatform editors, designers, photographers and multimedia producers.
• Interns are paid the same as a first-year professional, which is $735 a week.
• Students get real-world experience in a major daily news environment, which is key to future employment prospects. Over the years, we have hired many of our interns into professional-level jobs.
• Our interns are assigned mentors, in addition to supervisors.
• Senior writers and editors hold craft sessions to speak with interns about building key skills.
Qualifications, the most successful applicants have:
• completed their junior or senior year in college
• worked for college news media AND interned with at least one professional daily news organization.
We’re looking for high-potential journalists who’ve demonstrated they’re ready to make the most of this opportunity.
Click here to apply online and be sure to search under ‘Summer Internship Program’.
Application Deadline—November 1, 2019.