|Apply by||December 13, 2019|
|Posted on||November 4, 2019|
Look East a food and Ag PR and communications company based in Gladstone, Missouri is accepting applications for their summer 2020 internship. This is a paid internship ($12/hour) and they provide housing for students.
This position will work closely with our Client Services and Administration team to contribute to real client work. The Public Relations and Communications Intern will be responsible for a broad range of support for both Look East and our clients.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assists in the implementation and execution of client projects and programs
• Assists to gather data, draft reports and analyze trends specific to client goals and objectives to provide proof of program results.
• Monitors social and traditional media platforms on behalf of Look East and clients including social ads.
• Prepares printed and online content for dissemination.
• Prepares presentations (slides) for client meetings and conferences.
• Writes client and internal documents (newsletters, client training materials, articles), develops presentations, copy, proofreads, edits.
• Provides event and meeting coordination support, media relations outreach, and assists in curriculum development.
• Researches and develops client-specific media lists and coordinates distribution of releases to media.
• Minimum of a Junior standing in a Bachelor’s or similar 4-year degree program in a related discipline, or Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Design abilities are an added bonus.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within social media strategies and channels.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
• Availability to be in Kansas City, May-August 2020 (flexible start/end timing, based on your semester schedule).
• While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands for typing. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline—December 13, 2019.