|Employer||Fuller Center for Housing|
|Location||Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA|
|Apply by||December 20, 2019|
|Posted on||November 13, 2019|
Spend your summer doing what you love and traveling the West Coast! This internship will support our traveling event from Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA. Visit www.FullerCenterBikeAdventure.org to learn more about the ride.
The Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure (FCBA) has an exciting summer internship opportunity for a Video Communications Specialist to document and share the story of our adventure through video. The Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure is a cross country cycling mission that, in addition to being one of the most meaningful experiences of participants’ lives, aims to raise awareness and funds for the work The Fuller Center for Housing is doing to end poverty housing around the world. Visit www.FullerCenterBikeAdventure.org to read more about the ride.
As an FCBA Communications Intern you will be an integral member of the team and critical to the success of our mission. You won’t be riding a bike, but you will be there for all the incredible sights and unique experiences that come as you travel slowly across the country. You’ll help support the riders as they bike about 75 miles each day, putting on rest stops and cheering the riders on. You’ll spend each night with the team, eating, sleeping and sharing the vision of the Fuller Center in churches, often to some of the most enthusiastic and warm welcomes you can imagine. You’ll join the team in helping families in need of a hand up at Fuller Center projects along the route and you’ll take on the crucial, challenging, and rewarding assignment to capture and share all of these unique experiences with video so that even those who we don’t meet along our journey will be inspired to join in our mission!
Our videography intern will work closely with the trip leaders and photography interns to communicate our ride through recap videos of weekly segments, build days, special events, and whatever else inspires them! We hope to have an intern with a strong sense of personal creativity, who is a self-starter and wants to spread our mission far and wide.
• Gathering and editing video footage throughout the ride and at build sites
• Creating short web videos to share the adventure during the ride and encourage participation on social media
• Creating short web videos to help promote future rides
• Create videos for corporate sponsors as detailed in partnership agreements
• Helping to maintain the Fuller Center Bike Adventure’s social media, including Facebook, YouTube, and our blog.
• Will have general ride support duties, including helping with rest stops and cheering on the cyclists.
• May also assist with driving the support vehicles (a 12 passenger van with an attached 6×12 trailer, and a normal-sized vehicle).
• Basic understanding of social media sites, especially Facebook and You Tube.
• Basic understanding of editing software such as iMovie, Final Cut Express, or another similar software
• Basic understanding of journalism principles and AP style
• Preferably holding or pursuing a degree in journalism, writing, video production, marketing, PR, communications or related field.
• A strong desire to work in a Christian organization to help improve the lives of those less fortunate.
This is an unpaid volunteer position, but on the ride room and board is provided as well as an incredible experience! You are not required to pay the ride registration fee, and we do not set a minimum fundraising requirement, although all participants are strongly encouraged to contribute to the ride’s fundraising goal.
Click here for the full job-description and information on how to apply.
Application Deadline—December 20, 2019