|Employer||Salon Media Group|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||May 23, 2018|
|Posted on||May 15, 2018|
Salon Media Group (publisher of Salon.com), a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial culture, is seeking a Summer 2018 Video Intern in our New York City office.
Salon is currently seeking a Video Intern to join our team for the summer (duration: June, July and August). The Video Intern will be responsible for assisting with production of in-studio shoots for Salon’s daily shows “Salon Talks” and “Salon Stage” and editing original video content for Salon.com. The Video Intern will report to SalonTV’s Senior Producer and must be eligible to receive college credit. The ideal candidate is working towards a career in journalism, film and TV production, and/or video editing who lives and breathes news and culture stories. The Video Intern should arrive at Salon with experience in highly deadline-driven environments. The key to success in this role will be balancing meticulous, technical skills with a creative, news-focused eye and being open to learning and assisting in all aspects of production.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Working toward a college degree in Video, Journalism or highly related field
• Previous professional internship experience in digital media or TV preferred
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere and Photoshop). After Effects experience and experience creating graphics are a huge plus.
• Familiarity with news, politics and interview format shows
• Must be able to solve problems solve on the fly.
• Ability to shoot photography and video is a plus
What we offer
● Entrepreneurial culture
● Opportunity to build personal video portfolio and work experience
● Fast-paced environment where serious efforts are noticed and rewarded
● Growing company where there are lots of opportunity to learn
Salon Media Group (Ticker Symbol: SLNM.PK) operates the pioneering, award-winning news site Salon.com. With an audience of 15 million monthly unique visitors, Salon.com covers breaking news, politics, culture, technology and entertainment through investigative reporting, fearless commentary and criticism, and provocative personal essays. Salon.com has been a leader in online media since the dawn of the digital age and has bureaus in San Francisco and New York City.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Lexie Clinton at email@example.com.