|Location||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Contact information||Barbara Jedele Advisor and Program Coordinator International Internship Program International Division University of Wisconsin-Madison 259 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive Madison, WI 53706 USA Tel: +1 (608) 261-1018 Skype: uw-iip Advising- by appointment|
|Apply by||October 21, 2018|
|Posted on||October 10, 2018|
This internship is coordinated by the UW-Madison International Internship Program.
The Bubble is a news aggregator website and op-ed platform that dissects what is happening in Argentina by covering current events and analyzing pop and media culture.
• Write breaking news articles on a daily basis about Argentina and the region.
• Pitch and write feature stories on a weekly basis.
• Learn how to navigate a multicultural work environment.
• Understand and be able to write about Argentine politics, history, culture, and current events.
• Develop multitasking skills while working under a deadline.
• Translation skills from Spanish to English.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Qualitative research skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Creativity & curiosity
• Ability to multitask
• Strong critical and analytic thinking skills
• Interest in the region & culture of internship location
• Good academic and disciplinary standing
• Relevant prior coursework, training or work experience
• Willingness to adapt to the international work environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Basic understanding of Latin American culture and politics
• Proficient in WordPress
Intermediate skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking in Spanish are required.
Students must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior to apply.
Click here to learn more and apply online.
Application Deadline – October 21, 2018.