|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||April 30, 2020|
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a virtual Marketing Intern to join its Americas Industrial Vertical Marketing team for summer 2020. The industrial market is something that is a core focus to Xylem and a market that is served by multiple brands within the Xylem portfolio that represent pumps, heat exchangers, fire protection, treatment, analytics, pipeline integrity, and controls equipment. Key applications include water intake, fluid boosting, fluid circulation, heat transfer, process water, storm water, and wastewater for Industrial end users.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work in a digitally progressive and data-focused marketing team, we want to hear from you!
You will be assigned specific projects which are designed to add value to the organization while providing real world experience. While receiving mentoring and guidance, working with the Industrial Marketing Vertical team members on the growth initiatives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Market research and data analysis on the plumbing and HVAC wholesaler channel, including working with our sales team to develop a target customer list, customer profile, % of share, customer size, and current supplier.
• Asses the changing behaviors in the Commercial Building market for deviations in expressed challenges, training needs, and digital messaging in a Post COVID economy.
• Conduct voice of customer (VOC) activities to more closely understand specific residential customer decision makers (i.e. well drillers, plumbers), their communication preferences, and how we could increase their specification of Xylem products and services (this could include interviewing experts, conducting desk research and potentially visiting existing customers).
• Assess our key channel partners’ digital connections with Xylem (i.e. how they represent our brand on their web properties, invest in search, promote us on social media, etc.) and provide actionable guidance for expanding their reach to drive demand and sell more with us.
• Help develop new collaborative training tools
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
• Is attending an accredited University studying toward a Masters degree in Marketing/Business Administration.
• Has a strong sense of ownership and drive; a self-starter
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable engaging others and asking questions
• Has good technical and organizational skills
• Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What you will gain from the experience:
• Get hands-on with marketing research and voice of customer tools and techniques to analyze findings and turn them in to actions.
• An understanding of a B2B market landscape, how it works, and the buyer’s journey, including key audiences and decision influencers.
• Exposure to and an understanding of executing integrated marketing programs that lead to marketing attributed revenue.
• Work directly with business development managers, demand generation managers and marketing leaders.
Click here to learn how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!