|Location||Rock Island, IL|
|Apply by||March 9, 2018|
|Posted on||February 12, 2018|
WHBF-TV in Rock Island, Illinois is seeking a full-time Weekend Meteorologist/Reporter. This position requires the ability to deliver the forecast to viewers through multiple media platforms, including broadcast, web and social media. Candidates must also be willing to report. Shooting, writing, and editing skills preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The reporter must be able to conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions, make decisions without supervision, work in close proximity to others, and occasionally work outdoors in all weather conditions. In addition, the Meteorologist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Proficiency with computers, phones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and multi-task.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Click here to apply.