|Employer||UW-Madison, Department of Community and Environmental Sociology|
|Apply by||October 25 2017|
|Posted on||October 10, 2017|
Writer and Designer: Community and Environmental Sociology Careers Brochure
Initial wage: $15/hour
The Dept. of Community & Environmental Sociology seeks a part-time student worker during Fall Semester to take the lead in creating content for a 2-page color brochure highlighting Career Options for Graduates who’ve majored in C&E Soc. We foresee a flexible schedule averaging about 5-6 hours/week over about 15 weeks, scheduled around your classes, as needed to communicate with alumni.
Specific duties will include
- Using an initial list provided by the Department, compile existing information and contact recent alumni for additional photographs and text about their current careers.
- Edit the assembled information into succinct, interesting descriptions.
- Arrange the text and photographs in an eye-catching, easily scanned, and readable format, in a PDF file.
- Revise the text as needed following review by faculty members.
- Work with the C&E Sociology staff to format the same content for posting to the Department’s web page.
- We anticipate completion of the resulting PDF file early in January, before spring semester classes begin.
Skills and Experience we prefer
- Effective phone and e-mail communication skills
- Exceptional writing skill, including standard grammar knowledge and proofreading
- Ability to capture and crop photographic images
- WordPress (or HTML, PHP)
Please create and e-mail a one-page résumé with both text and imagery, and a short cover letter highlighting your qualifications, to the department administrator, Ken Scott, at email@example.com.