Deadline to apply
The deadline for spring 2019 admission is Friday, Dec. 7 at noon.
Before you apply
Read the Application FAQs before completing the online application. A complete undergraduate application includes all of the following:
- A UW-Madison transcript (NOT a DARS report). We accept the unofficial transcript accessible in your student center. (Find it at Student Center > Academics > My Academics > Request My Student Record.) Questions regarding how to obtain an unofficial copy of your transcript should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are a transfer student, a transcript from any college you’ve attended.
- A professional resume highlighting internships and communications experience as well as unrelated volunteer, student organization or work experience.
- A one-page personal statement. It must have at least one-inch margins and 12-point type, and it may be single-spaced.
- Two pieces of supporting materials: letters of recommendation or writing samples. Together these two items may add up to no more than 10 pages. Letters of recommendation may come from anyone except Journalism 201 TAs.
The online program will not allow incomplete applications to be submitted. The School of Journalism and Mass Communication requests that you submit all documents in PDF format. The school does not take responsibility for those files that are unreviewable due to improper formatting. The school does not have computing resources for you to fill out your application in-house. Campus librarians are equipped to teach you how to save and scan documents in PDF format. You may also use campus library computer labs to submit your application, but the system does not allow you to save and continue your application at a later date.
Attend an admissions information workshop
Wednesday, Nov. 28, 5:45-6:45 p.m., 2195 Vilas