Before you apply
Read the Application FAQs before completing the online application. A complete undergraduate application includes all of the following:
- If you are a transfer student, a transcript from any college you’ve attended.
- A professional resume highlighting internships and communications experience as well as unrelated volunteer, student organization or work experience.
- A personal statement totaling no more than 750 words or roughly 3750-characters
- Two pieces of supporting materials: two writing samples totaling no more than 3000 words or 12,500 characters between them. You may use a letter of recommendation letter to take the place of your second writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation may come from anyone except Journalism 201 TAs.
The online program will not allow incomplete applications to be submitted. The School of Journalism and Mass Communication requests that you submit all documents in PDF format. The school does not take responsibility for those files that are cannot be reviewed due to improper formatting. The school does not have computing resources for you to fill out your application in-house. Campus librarians are equipped to teach you how to save and scan documents in PDF format. You may also use campus library computer labs to submit your application.
Deadline to apply
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 17 at 12:00 p.m.
J-SCHOOL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION SESSIONS
No information sessions planned at this time, check back later.