Research and Teaching Strengths
- Civic and political communication
- International & inter-cultural communication
- Information technologies
- Health, environmental and science communication
- History of communication
- Law and ethics of media
- Social networking and digital media
- Journalism studies
- Processes and effects of mediated communication
Explore our Graduate Programs
MASS COMMUNICATIONS Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in Mass Communications provides future academics and professionals with rigorous training in theory and research with highly individualized programs that students develop in consultation with their advisors.
The Research M.A. focuses on developing tools in mass communication research and typically leads to enrollment in a doctoral program.
The professional M.A. typically leads to careers in news and information production.
Grad Program News
School of Journalism and Mass Communication professors Lew Friedland and Dhavan Shah, associate professor Michael Wagner and Boston College professor …