|Employer||ABC6 News (KAAL-TV)|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 29, 2020|
This position is responsible for editing video and running audio for our live and recorded television news casts and shows.
• Partner with peers, on-air talent, producers, directors, managers, and members of the public to help ensure a professional TV newscast/show is produced.
• Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed.
• Accurately switch all elements of the audio under your control. Under the direction of the director, correctly switch all audio going through the audio booth. Work ahead to insure that all elements that are needed during your shift are ready to go.
• Control the quality of the audio going through the audio booth. Ensure that all elements of the audio are at the proper level. Ensure that the balance between microphones, music, and videotape sources are mixed and at a proper relationship with each other.
• Availability to respond to audio needs. Be available at the audio position during your shift to handle any audio needs, especially during times when we are covering breaking news. Help with coverage of special events. Help with the coverage of audio during vacations and other times when no audio operator is available.
• Grow professionally as an audio operator. Seek out ways to become more knowledgeable about new technologies in our business. Bring to the attention of engineering management any ideas that would improve the product we are putting on the air. Seek additional knowledge about the operation of other areas of the department.
• Video editing that meets a high standard of accuracy, balance and ethics.
• Operating digital NLE editing equipment and Windows computer software. Experience using Edius 7, Adobe Premiere preferred. Must be able to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines.
• Strong communication skills with reporters/anchors/producers/fellow editors is crucial.
• Must be willing to work weekends, nights, extremely early morning hours, holidays and overtime when needed. Complete other duties as requested and needed.
• High school diploma, some on the job experience or schooling preferred but not required.
• Must have knowledge of broadcast production equipment, techniques and language or be able to learn.
• Ability to work well with people while handling stressful situations. Ability to work effectively in a high intensity environment. Computer experience needed.
• Must be able to work various hours including nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedules may vary. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Physical Requirements Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys, cameras, teleprompter and board controls as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time. Wear headset during course of work.
• Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think critically and quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Above average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. Climbs ladders. Lift up to 20 lbs. alone. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!