Friday, March 4 2022 - Nafziger Room (5055 Vilas Hall)
Communication Crossroads, University of Wisconsin–Madison’s preeminent graduate conference, is hosted by the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Run by graduate students for graduate students, this annual conference provides a friendly environment to practice presenting research, and the opportunity to gain feedback from faculty and peers. See how colleagues and potential collaborators from cross campus are engaging issues of media, communication and society.
Students present papers on: media studies, political consumption, online social networks, marketing, framing, civic engagement, media history and more.
- 8:30-Breakfast: 5th floor lounge
- 9:30-Keynote Speech
- 10:30-Panel 1: Health Science and Communication
- 12:00-Lunch: 5th floor lounge
- 1:00-Panel 2: Communication and Social Movement
- 2:30-Panel 3: Political and Civic Discourse
- 3:45-Wrap up
- 5:30-Meet and Greet for everyone with appetizers and drinks: Old Madison Room in Memorial Union, 3rd floor east